Family Of Four Lost Home In Accidental Fire

A Eureka family of four lost the majority of their belongings in an accidental house fire last Thursday, December 14.

Heavy black smoke filled the sky as emergency crews responded to the call at approximately 1:30 p.m. According to the Eureka Fire Chief Doug Williams, firefighters found the back porch, the rear of the two-story house and a 50 feet tall cedar tree heavily engulfed in fire. The fire had extended into the kitchen and dining room area of the home. Electrical service lines burned loose from the structure and were arcing near firefighters. Luckily, no one was injured in the fire.

 

To read more please log in or subscribe to the digital edition https://etypeservices.com/Eureka%20HeraldID679/

The Eureka Herald

PO Box 590

Eureka, KS 67045

Phone: 620-583-5721

Fax: 620-583-5922